I started to write a post about questions people have about mental illness that they are often too afraid to ask, but there was too much to say to make it just one post. So, for the first time ever on Don’t Stigmatize Me, there will be a series of posts looking at questions people are afraid to ask about mental illness.
Some of the below topics will be combined into one post, and some will be a post of their own. If you have any additional questions you would like me to write about, please let me know either in the comments or by emailing me at email@example.com
- What counts as a mental illness?
- Are people with mental illness violent?
- Are all mass killers mentally ill? Don’t they have to be to do such violent crimes?
- What should I do if my friend seems sad?
- Why do some people with mental illness stop a treatment that has been helping them?
- Is mental illness contagious?
- Is mental illness genetic?
- Will I set someone off by saying the wrong thing?
- How can I tell if someone is sad vs depressed? Is there even a difference?
- What should I not say to someone suffering from a mental illness?
I will be starting this series next week with the first question, “What Counts As a Mental Illness?”
Please be sure to subscribe so that you will be notified when a new post comes out.
Also, if your wondering, the featured image was chosen simply because it made me smile.